Women and Sport – Women in Taekwondo Panel
Event Date: October 21, 2021
Taekwondo Canada is excited to partner with Canadian Women & Sport to announce an upcoming event on Gender Equity in Taekwondo on October 21 at 12:00 PM Eastern Time.
This panel discussion is FREE and open to all Taekwondo community members, with a particular focus on sport leaders, volunteers and community sport clubs that are involved in designing/running/coaching programs.
This session will focus on raising awareness of the importance of gender equity within the sport, starting a discussion on initiatives sport organizations can take to build more equitable opportunities for women and girls and will finish with a 20-minute Q&A session for audience members to engage with the panelists.
BONUS: Participants registered for this event are eligible to take the Gender Equity LENS e-learning module for free.
The panelists for this discussion will feature:
- Barbara Marian; Tokyo 2020 Paralympic Taekwondo Referee, Chair of Taekwondo Canada’s Referee Committee and member of World Taekwondo Panamerica Taekwondo Referee Committee
- Lois Fong; Coach, NCCP Facilitator and current member of the 2021 Online Poomsae National Team
- Michell Ge; Coach and current member of the 2021 Online Poomsae National Team
- Skylar Park; Tokyo 2020 Olympian in F-57kg
- Yvette Yong; Tokyo 2020 Olympian in F-49kg
Registration for this event closes on October 19, 2021 at 12:00 PM Eastern Time.
This panel discussion will be presented in English.