- you are an athlete, coach, referee or official and plan on attending World Taekwondo sanctioned events
- you are a coach or a black belt athlete and plan on attending Canadian national events.
Please note that the Global Licence alone is not enough to participate in Canadian national events, or World Taekwondo sanctioned events. The following additional requirements must be met to be able to compete in the above events:
- registered with a club in your province;
- your club must be a member of your PSO;
- your PSO must have submitted and paid the registered participant fees.
Set up your account
- Complete the New Online Global Licence Registration Form and make payment ($125 CAD).
- Taekwondo Canada will create your global account and provide you with your global licence number within five (5) business days.
- Go to SimplyCompete and choose "Forgot Password"; the system will send a reset link to the email you've provided
- Go to “Manage Profile” and complete the information fields.
- Check the tick boxes on the last page ("Waivers"); click "Finish".
- Go to "Documents" and upload all required documents.
Documents Required for Global Licence Approval
Every applicant must upload:
- Colour Photo (Preferred size: 2 cm by 2.5 cm and 300 dpi)
- Passport OR Birth certificate OR Citizenship certificate
- Kukkiwon certificate
If you are a referee, you will also need:
- International Referee certifications
If you are a coach, you will also need:
- Current PATU/World Taekwondo coaching licence (Poomsae and/or Kyorugi)