Taekwondo Canada is thrilled to announce the first ever Women Competition Development bursaries are now open for application!
Currently, our athlete participation numbers on international teams are 50% female. As a part of our mandate, Taekwondo Canada is committed to increasing the number of female coaches eligible and ultimately selected for international coaching positions. In order to facilitate this development, Taekwondo Canada is offering up to eight (8) bursaries of up to $2000 each.
1. Selected coaches will attend the Comp Dev Performance Coach workshop in Parksville, BC from April 26-May 3, 2020. (Cost: $1,200)
2. Coaches may claim up to $800 for travel allowance and accommodation for this event.
3. Coaches must become Performance Coach Certified no later than March 31, 2021.
1) Be a female coach in Canada that is currently Dojang Coach certified
2) Be actively coaching an athlete at the junior black belt level or higher
3) Submit a letter of application explaining why they would like to be selected for the bursary by March 20, 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org
4) Have confirmed in the above letter their commitment to attend the April 26-May 3 workshop
5) Priority will go to coaches who have previously applied to a Comp Dev Performance Coach workshop that was cancelled
Applicants who are granted the bursary will be notified by March 24, 2020 and are required to be registered for the workshop by March 27, 2020. Bursaries will be sent out no later than March 31, 2020.
|File Title||File Description||Download|
|Coach Agreement||To be signed by successful applicants||pdf (213 KB)|
Sign up for our email newsletter!