Performance Coach (PC)
Taekwondo Canada has received Coaching Association of Canada conditional approval (CAP) of the Competition Development level (Comp Dev) NCCP context called Performance Coach (PC); final approval is anticipated soon.
PC PROGRAMME PREREQUISITES
NCCP Multi-Sport Modules:
- Managing Conflict (4.5 hours)
- Leading Drug Free Sport (3.5 hours)
- Coaching and Leading Effectively (8.75 hours)
- Developing Athletic Abilities (8.75 hours)
- Psychology of Performance (7 hours)
- Prevention and Recovery (7.5 hours)
- Manage a Sport Programme (4 hours)
- Advanced Practice Planning (5 hours)
- Performance Planning (12.5 hours)
Locker E-Learning Modules / Evaluations
- Making Headway Online Training (Locker e-learning)
- Making Ethical Decisions (Competition Development) online evaluation
Certifications / Registrations
- Dojang Coach Certified
- Registered with the Coaching Association of Canada Professional Coaching department
- Registered with Taekwondo Canada
- Programme participants must have an athlete that is able to compete at Nationals as a Junior Black Belt (Training to Complete stage of development) or Senior Black Belt (Learning to Win or Training to Win stages of development). Coaches must identify the athlete with whom they will be working for the duration of the Performance Coach workshop series.
Coaches are encouraged to collect several videos of matches involving the athlete with whom they will work with. These videos will be used during the workshop series. Furthermore, be prepared to video your athlete over the course of the Performance Coach workshop series.
2018 PERFORMANCE COACH WORKSHOP SERIES
This workshop series fulfills the Competition Development (Comp Dev) sport specific requirements for Taekwondo. Upon completion, coaches will have skills and knowledge to help their athletes succeed on the national and world stages.
Bi-weekly webinars start: 14 January 2018, 7:00 PM to 10:00 PM