Call for Nominations: Taekwondo Canada Board of Directors
Taekwondo Canada is currently seeking interested individuals to serve on the Board of Directors. Please be advised that the following positions will be up for election at the Taekwondo Canada AGM, September 28th, 2018:
- One (1) Director for the National Interest Groups (elected by the members of the Canadian Forces National Interest Group) for a one-year term.
- Three (3) Directors-at-Large for a two-year term.
Additional Directors-at-Large may be appointed to fulfill the need for gender equity on the Board.
Nominations will be accepted until July 30th, 2018 5:00 pm EST.
Please be aware of the following Disqualifying Statuses.
According to Taekwondo Canada’s bylaws, a director may not:
- Be a competitive Taekwondo sparring athlete with national ranking points or retired from same within the last six (6) months.
- Have an undischarged bankruptcy or have had a bankruptcy in the last 12 months.
- Currently subject to an arrangement or composition with creditors, either personally or in a business (whether owned wholly or in part), or been in the same state in the last 12 months.
- Have been found guilty by a court of competent jurisdiction of an offence involving fraud, violence, sex, a hate-crime, or any that might bring the Corporation into disrepute.
- Found by the board to have breached the Taekwondo Canada Code of Ethics or Conduct.
A director may be one of the following BUT only with a signed Declaration of Conflict of Interest.
- a merchant, manufacturer or producer of any kind of sports items pertaining to taekwondo or an employee, shareholder, partner, contractor, officer or director of same.
- is a director, officer, administrator, owner, manager, or, in the sole opinion of the board, a principal of a taekwondo body under the auspices of the Corporation and having or claiming jurisdiction concerning taekwondo within and over substantially all a province or territory.
- a provider of services (which, for emphasis, also applies to the operation of a Taekwondo school or other sports schools).
- a member of a board concerning a martial art that is not Taekwondo.
The Nominations Committee kindly requests that all Nominations include the following:
- a brief resume which will be posted online
- a separate document or a statement in the body of an email expressly accepting the nomination to the Taekwondo Canada Board of Directors and acknowledging you have read and understood this call for Nominations
- a Declaration of Disqualifying Status. Please note there is no longer a form posted on the Taekwondo Canada website. Please note the disqualifying statuses above and declare any that apply or otherwise make a declaration that you have no disqualifying statuses.
|File Title||File Description||Download|
|Call for Nominations: Taekwondo Canada Board of Directors 2018||Nominations will be accepted until July 30th, 2018 5:00 pm EST.||pdf (81 KB)|