Call For Nominations to Board of Directors
- 1 Director at Large
Skills and qualifications should include:
- Experience with writing, editing, and interpreting governance policies
- A complete understanding of conflict-of-interest situations and the importance of avoidance of same
- A desire to support and work with Taekwondo Canada staff, committees, members, and stakeholders for the development of Taekwondo in Canada.
Interested applicants are required to submit a signed document consenting to be a nominee for a committee, which committee they are interested in and must also submit:
- A résumé outlining the nominee’s qualifications, successes, and work and volunteer history
- A full and complete listing of all potential conflicts of interest
- A declaration that the candidate meets the eligibility criteria listed below
Submissions must be sent to nominations@taekwondo-canada.
As per section 4.4, nominees must:
- Be eighteen (18) years of age or older,
- Be a resident of Canada as defined in the Income Tax Act,
- Have the power under law to contract,
- Not have been declared incapable by a court in Canada or in another country,
- Not have the status of bankrupt,
- Complete and pass a screening in accordance with the Corporation’s Screening Policy,
- Not be a director, officer, contractor or employee of a member,
- Not hold a position or acting as an Athlete, Coach: National, or Referee,
- Not be a contractor or employee of the Corporation,
- Not be a director, officer, shareholder, employee, or contractor of a corporate sponsor of the Corporation; and
- Not be a director, team manager, or executive director of the National Interest Group Taekwondo sports program.
For more information, please reference the Taekwondo Canada – Call For Nominations to Board of Directors.