Fundamental Movement Skills workshop
The CAC announced the launch of the updated NCCP Fundamental Movement Skills workshop.
This NCCP module provides a comprehensive introduction to the fundamental movement skills and the core-competencies of the NCCP, with the help of numerous hands-on activities. The workshop is designed for coaches, educators, and recreation/youth/sport leaders who want to learn how to observe, detect, and correct the fundamental movement skills of children to guide their physical development.
What is new with the update?
- One comprehensive workshop for all participants.
- Content now includes:
- Information and activities to better understand fundamental movement skills and physical literacy;
- A simplified teaching process for coaches to teach, observe, and lead the fundamental movement skills;
- Information and activities to adapt fundamental movement skills for participants with intellectual, physical, sensory or behavioural disabilities; and
- The skill of Wheeling.
- Updated overall look and feel.
- The module is now sponsored by TeamSnap.
For more information regarding this NCCP module, please visit: https://www.coach.ca/the-fundamental-movement-skills-s16736
NCCP Fundamental Skills Workshop in Ottawa!
The Sport for Life Society, the Coaching Association of Canada, and HIGH FIVE® have come together to support recreation leaders, coaches, and others in becoming a physical literacy instructor.
Register for the updated NCCP Fundamental Movement Skills Workshop, presented by TeamSnap, as part of the Physical Literacy Instructor Program:
- January 23 from 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. — HIGH FIVE® Sport
- January 23 from 1 p.m. – 5 p.m. — Quality Physical Literacy Experiences
- January 26 from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. — NCCP Fundamental Movement Skills, presented by TeamSnap
Learn more about the Physical Literacy Instructor Program.