Taekwondo Canada Seeking Interim Head Poomsae Coach
Taekwondo Canada, a member of World Taekwondo and the national governing body for the sport of taekwondo in Canada, is seeking a dynamic individual to lead the organization’s High Performance program that places Canadian Taekwondo athletes in positions to achieve sustained international success at international events including major games, such as the Olympics and Paralympics.
The successful candidate will build and develop relationships and credibility with national and international level athletes, coaches, and stakeholders.
This role presents a unique opportunity to have a positive impact on the delivery of Poomsae programming both strategically and operationally throughout Canada.
ABOUT THE POSITION
- Immediate Supervisor: High Performance Director
- Duration: Temporary – December 15, 2021 – April 30, 2022
- Date of Posting: November 23, 2021
- Posting Closes: December 5, 2021
- Location: Remote
Taekwondo Canada is hiring an interim Head Poomsae Coach for the 2022 Poomsae World Championships team. This position will commence December 15, 2021 and end April 30, 2022.
- Develop the freestyle pairs and freestyle teams’ routine prior to the 2022 National Poomsae Championships
- Provide coaching and training to the freestyle pairs and freestyle teams at the end of Day 1 (Jan 8) to prepare them for Day 2 competition
- Provide support to all athletes/coaches named to the 2022 Poomsae World Championships team including but not limited to helping to arrange training times for athletes as needed, supporting coach relationships, and dissemination of information
- Travel with the team to the World Championships and work with the manager to ensure athletes and coaches are provided with what they need
Interested candidates are to submit resumes along with letters of interest explaining why they feel they should be considered for this position to: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 11:59 am ET on December 5, 2021.